Our Journey of Obedience

We are IMB missionaries with the SBC serving in Krakow Poland. Our home church is Grace Community Church in Magnolia Texas, near Houston. Thank you for taking the time to walk with us on our journey and please feel free to share your comments. ~~~Soli Deo Gloria~~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: Krakow, Poland

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Russian Thanksgiving Day


Vasilly showing Tristyn how to make paper airplanes out of the worship service guide.




The Russian believers celebrate a holiday also called Thanksgiving Day. Of course, it has nothing to do with pilgrims and all, and they celebrate it in October. But they do have a special church service for this where they decorate the church like fall with harvest foods. They also serve lots of harvest foods (fruits and veggies). This past Sunday the Timi group celebrated Thanksgiving Day at their monthly worship service that meets at the Good News church. Our family has committed to serving during the Timi worship services (setting up tables and chairs, preparing food, and cleaning afterwards). As I was helping to clean up the food and the dishes afterwards, I was approached by a young Russian lady. She came to me and told me thank you for helping so much and told me that I was a wonderful example for the other believers there. Please understand that I am NOT sharing this to brag. I take no glory for serving the Lord. But sometimes, Satan tries to make me think that I am not being used here. Just trying to do language, run the household, teach the kids, blah blah blah, I feel that I do not do enough to serve. I truly believe that these words were simply God's encouragement to me to show me that the little things do mean so much to Him and what He has planned for me here. Thank you, Lord, that you can use washing dishes to bring you glory!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home